The Shelbyville Plan Commission is an Advisory Plan Commission formed under the authority of IC 36-7-4-200 series. The roles of the Shelbyville Plan COmmission is to maintain the City's planning documents, regulate development and promote and encourage a well-planned community. The Commission is made of ten appointed members.
Members: Terry James - President, Mike Evans - Vice President, Joe Lux, Jim Conner, Doug Cassidy, Wade Lewis, Joanne Bowmen, Matt House and Gary Nolley.
RULES AND PROCEDURES
Board Of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals is a local body whose responsibilities are to hear appeals form decisions of the director of planning and development and to consider request for variance and exceptions.
Members: Kris Schwickrath - President, Terry James, James Lisher, Doug Cassidy, and Chris Clark.
RULES AND PROCEDURES
The Shelbyville Building Commission meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 11:30 am in the Council Chambers upstairs at City Hall.
The Building Commission consists of seven voting members and two non voting members. The Mayor shall appoint the seven voting members, each to serve a term of four years. The Building Commissioner and a representative shall serve as the nonvoting members of the Commission. The appointed members of the Commission must include the following:
- One building contractor who is registered with the Building Department.
- One electrical contractor who is the holder of a Class I license.
- One plumbing contractor who is licensed with the Building Department.
- One HVAC contractor who is registered with the Building Department.
- One member shall be a designer of buildings.
- One member shall be a citizen representative of the city.
- One member shall be a representative of a local utility company.
Each appointed member of the Commission must have a recognized interest, knowledge, and experience in the field of fire prevention, fire protection, building safety, or other related matters. No two members of the Commission shall be appointed from the same firm. Of the seven members originally appointed, one shall be appointed for a term of one year, two shall be appointed for a term of two years, two for a term of three years, and two for a term of four years, or until a successor is appointed. The members of the Commission serve at the pleasure of the Mayor.
Powers and Duties: It shall be the duty of the Building Commission to:
- Act as the appellate board as described in Ordinance 152.16
- Issue building contractor registrations as described in Chapter 152, plumbing registrations as described in Chapter 154, and electrical licenses as described in Chapter 155.
- Act as the Hearing Authority for Minimum Housing Requirements in Chapter 153, and Unsafe Buildings in Chapter 158.
- Approve the annual budget for the Building Department.
- Make recommendations to the City Council for changes in fees and ordinances.
- Establish department policies and procedures for inspections, permits, licenses and registrations.
Members: Jim Marshall - Chairman, Gary Keppel - Vice Chairman, Matt Wortman - HVAC Contractor, David Rush - Electrical Contractor, Joe Runnebohm - Plumbing Contractor, Tony Nicholson - Designer of Buildings, Danny Sebastian - Utility Rep., Daniel Bird - Building Commissioner, Chris Hext - Building Inspector, Rod Miller - Building Inspector.
Technical Review Committee
Technical Review Committee reviews plans for: Site Development, Major and Minor Subdivisions, Planned Unit Development, and Road and Sewer projects. Technical Review Member List
Technical Review Submittal Application Please fill out when submitting any project to Technical Review. Each Member receives a set of plans before each meeting (14 Copies).