If a meter box is present at the property, please contact one of the following power supplier.
If no meter box is present, please follow these steps.
1. Contact an electrician who is licensed by the City of Shelbyville to inspect the property for any electrical hazards.
Here is a list of current registered electricians as of January 2016
2. The electrician will obtain a reconnect permit from the City of Shelbyville’s Building Department. Residential Reconnect Permits are $25.
3. Once a reconnect permit is obtained, the electrician will schedule an inspection with a building inspector.
4. The building inspector will perform an reconnect inspection. If the inspection passes, a green tag will be left at the meter box location. If it does not pass, a list of outstanding issues will be left at the site or with the electrician.
5. The building inspector will notify the power company of their approval. You should contact the power company for further instructions at this time.