March 24, 2020
UPDATE TO PREVIOUS PRESS RELEASES:
In accordance with Governor Holcomb’s “Stay-at-Home” Order, we will be temporarily limiting access to most City-Owned facilities to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We continue to encourage citizens and business owners to utilize our website to conduct business with City staff, www.cityofshelbyvillein.com, or call into our offices at 317-398-6624.
The following list shows closures and other items that should be noted in regard to City-Owned Facilities and City-Sponsored Events:
- Morrison, Clearwick, and Sunrise Parks are closed. All other parks remain open
- All trails, dog park and green spaces in parks are open for public use providing you comply with social distancing requirements
- All public playgrounds are closed
- The Carl McNeely Civic Center, Fitness Center, and Gym will be closed beginning on March 16th and will reopen after it has been deemed safe to resume normal operations.
- All volleyball, basketball, pickleball, Zumba, and walking are postponed until further notice
- Parks Department Preschool is closed beginning on March 16th and will reopen on May 4th. This reopen date could change as new orders from Federal and State agencies are issued.
- Teddy Bear Tumblers Classes are canceled beginning March 16th for the remainder of the season. Classes will start up again in the fall.
- The Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for April 4th has been canceled
- If you have a rental planned at the Parks Department please call 317-392-5128
Sewage Utility Office:
- The office will be closed to the public until at least April 6th, 2020
- Customers may pay their bills online, by mailing in a check, or by utilizing the drop box located on W. Franklin Street
- The City has temporarily ceased “Disconnects” due to non-payment
Fire Department, Street Department/City Garage, Animal Shelter:
- These offices will be closed to the public, but these essential services will continue, uninterrupted, as normal
- Staff from these offices are still working, some remotely, but can all be reached via email or phone
- All offices in City Hall (Mayor, Clerk-Treasurer, Planning and Building, Engineering, Legal, HR, and Sewage Utility) are closed to the public
- Staff from these offices are still working, some remotely, but can all be reached via email or phone (317-398-6624)